Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sprung

It's still cold and sleeting on and off today but the green leaves and flowers are insisting on spring. The green leaves are ready to burst open any day, by the end of this week it will look like spring.

I got a good 60 mile recovery week in, with a speed session, and I feel like I came through the 50 mile race well. That is what I hoped to do, not having to back off on the training too much. I'm planning on a couple more weeks of good miles and then I will do a two week taper for Cornbelt.

I'm starting to get excited for running Cornbelt, I need to figure out my trip. I am thinking I will drive out there in 2 days like I did with Kansas, go to Omaha or somewhere near there the first night and then drive the rest of the way the next day. I'll need to figure out what else to add to my visit. I've been to the Omaha Zoo, I'm sure there are some other things worth seeing in that area.

I have been freezing my butt off all week. I finally got in the hot tub after my run and that helped somewhat, but now I'm cold again. Dennis is making green chile, which should help. I'm ready for warm weather!

No comments: