Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Can't Fix Stupid...

A gaggle of goslings...

On run number two, I met Emma at River Bluffs Open Space and we did a quick 6 miles at a good pace on the bike path. We had a great talk. I always appreciate being able to share our perspectives on all things. On the way out we saw these geese with their babies.

I stopped to take a picture but I couldn't get too close, sorry about the unclear photo, I didn't want to upset the mother, who started to hiss at me. Having been attacked by geese before while running the Mad Dog 50K in Arizona, I wasn't about to risk it...

On run number three I took Iris through the neighborhood for a short one after I got home from the run with Emma. Thirteen miles today, and now it's time to back off.

Time heals, and time reveals. I am learning that quickly, the universe is showing me that I have made the right decision on a daily basis, sometimes more often than daily. Sometimes the revelations are shocking, amusing, appalling, or just an affirmation that you can't fix stupid. Just a simple run last weekend on the bike path and running into someone, and listening to what they had to say, opened my eyes even further to this.

Where things seemed very fuzzy and cloudy initially when I left traditional health care last fall, it seems like on a regular basis now, both through face-to-face conversations, people who have contacted me both in response to my inquiries or unprompted by me, and occasionally in written form such as the link that follows, I am getting insight and validation into the types of decisions and uncritical thinking that guide modern health care. It's really scary.

Nurses' Week is coming right up. I am the queen of snark when it comes to Nurses' Week. Can't wait!

No comments: