Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Awesome Snowmageddon Flashback: 1990

This is so cool. Snowmageddon leads to some interesting discoveries.

Last night Dennis was surfing around on You Tube, since there wasn't much to do and it was starting to snow again.

He found this video of the 1990 World Cross Country Championships in Aix-les-Bains, France, he was on the U.S. team that year.

From 7:28 to 7:30 on the You Tube timeline Dennis runs by in his USA uniform, tall runner, dark curly hair with mustache. I think he finished somewhere around 130th to 150th place. He was the 5th finisher on the US Team. He ran something like a 28 and a half minute 10K split in that race. Crazy fast!

So cool. I never got to see the race at the time, that was the year he was racing all over the place and I was stuck here in Fort Collins, in graduate school. Now, 24 years later, I get to see it!

Today I am being watched carefully, as I pack for my trip to Arizona to run the Pemberton 50K.

Yesterday I had a decent run on the bike path and threw in a little faster paced effort. Today the weather sucks, it's still snowing, and I've decided to spend a couple of hours on the bike, indoors today. I'm tired of fighting the ice and snowdrifts, but mostly I'm tried of getting splashed with slush. Just looking forward to running on dry ground, or at least something that isn't covered with white.

I did launch my business Facebook page for World Cancer Day and you can visit it here and "Like" it. More info to come.

3 comments:

Ultra Monk said...

happy racing

Alene Gone Bad said...

Thanks Ultra Monk. You will be there soon, too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading
it, you might be a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back in the future.
I want to encourage you continue your great work,
have a nice evening!

Also visit my homepage: dog training advice