Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Thursday, March 28, 2013

No Headlamps!

Finally, a run where I'm not wearing six layers. Tonight it was 63 degrees when I left the house to run with Wheaties Boy. It was cooling off fast, so I wasn't brave enough for shorts, I wore my capri tights, but I did start out in a t-shirt.

We had a decent run tonight, about 11 miles, it didn't even get dark enough to use a headlamp until 8 pm. I managed 8:45 pace average, which isn't bad considering my prolonged state of recovery. I've been feeling like I'm in a hole, my legs feel tired and stale, and I'm not sure what's going on.

We ran 21 miles hard on Sunday, it was a faster pace than I realized during the stretches where we weren't on ice, and my legs hurt for two days after that. The sleep thing has really been annoying, waking up several times a night in a sweat. I need to make sure I get my afternoon naps on the days when I'm not working, to make up for it. Otherwise I'll be impossible to live with.

Yesterday was a surprisingly pleasant day at work. We were busy, but not the running your pants off crazy busy kind of day. It was a long day and I was tired when I got home.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be warm again, possibly up to 70 degrees. I'll be out running, soaking up the sunshine while we have it. All the snow in the yard melted today, which means it will take another day of warm weather to dry out the latest collection of dog poop. I'll be getting my bending over cross training tomorrow when I pick it all up. Then I work through the weekend.

Next week will be my last full week of running before I start to back off before NorthCoast. I'm hoping my legs will feel better, because this past week has been pathetic in terms of mileage. I'll be busy next week, too. The restaurant where I have my paintings was sold, so I need to go talk to the new owners about continuing to display my art there.

What I'm most excited about is that we have a Team PI party on Wednesday, which will be fun. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and going to Pearl Izumi headquarters. We'll be getting our shoes and running outfits, too! More about that soon!

No comments: