Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Sunday, November 18, 2012

What The Flock?

Today was a perfect fall day here in northern Colorado. I love November days like this. The light is so perfect, the days are short and the shadows last most of the day. There's a yellowish glow to everything.

Today was one of those days, and I did a 20 mile run at the lakes. The geese and seagulls are back, and there were thousands of them on the water today. There were times when the sky was black with so many geese. All day I could hear the birds, over the strong afternoon wind.

It was a slow run, I took it easy, and there were so many pictures to take! I didn't feel like pushing the pace. That's how I felt all week, didn't feel like going fast. I did the miles, and that was all. It was a nice day to wrap up a 90 mile week.

Yesterday registration opened for the Delano Park 12 Hour run in Alabama next spring, and I signed up. The entry fee is a bargain, $35.00. Unbelievable. I am getting my butt in gear for that, it will be my first big race of next year.

This week is Thanksgiving, and I'm working the holiday this year. I'll be able to run the Turkey Trot in the morning, but then I have to be at work at noon.

Not much other news, it's a low key Sunday afternoon. Enjoy the pictures.



















No comments: