Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Friday, November 16, 2012

Houdini Goes Home

I'm home alone with my Buffaloes again tonight. Dennis is busy preparing the new emergency department in Greeley for the open house tomorrow.

Basically he lives, eats, sleeps and breathes Greeley right now, and if you know anything about Greeley, it doesn't smell too good when you breathe it in.

Smells like cows and sheep. Iris and Isabelle would like cows and sheep...

I finally talked to the police officer tonight who picked up the little boy last night. Turns out he lives in the apartments right behind where we were standing on the grass, not far from where we found him on the sidewalk. He was taking a nap with his mom and he woke up, figured out how to unlock the door, and got out.

Now he's home, and I hope he'll be safe.

I went out running again tonight, didn't find any lost kids. I finished up 20 miles, since I was dragging my butt this morning on my run and only did 15. It wasn't pretty. I have to get used to the fact that fatigue comes with increasing your mileage. I'm hoping to get more sleep this weekend. I never took a nap today, got busy with other things. I made a huge pot of chili, and did some errands.

I also went to Runner's Roost today and got a new vest and super warm tights, since my old tights are starting to blow out in the crotch from being worn and washed so many times.

I had this $100 gift card that I got from a rebate for contact lenses last spring, and it was about to expire, luckily I found it the other day in a pile of junk on my desk.

I'd been eyeing this nice Pearl Izumi vest, but the price was too steep. With my running club discount and the gift card, I decided to get it.

What the hell. Such a princess, I am.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I've found lost dogs on my runs...no lost kids. Glad to hear he's back home.

Alene Gone Bad said...

I hope I don't ever run into another lost kid! One is too much!