Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Rocket Run

Awesome run this morning. Did 12 miles, 2 mile warmup with the girls, then 10 mile tempo run in under 8:30 pace. I felt decent. It wasn't too hard, but I had to push.

I have a new running partner, Shannon. He's from Virginia and moved here about a year ago. He does ultras and recently started Run to Work Day. I wrote about it in this coming Sunday's Coloradoan, in the Xplore section, in my monthly running column.

Shannon and I ran the other evening and it was really helpful to have someone push me, plus he is so over the top enthusiastic about running that it's contagious. Today I really felt motivated to get out and move. I guess I must be feeling better since being sick last week.

Monday I did pushups to failure and I couldn't raise my arms above my head for two days. A little bit of weight training goes a long way. I'm taking it as a good sign, since I was able to do pushups again today. The five pounds have been staying off, I'm so happy about that.

"Rocket" arrived yesterday when I was at work. I haven't broken it out of the package yet, I am still busy with work and related stuff these few days until Saturday. I am not sure so far how we will rig up Gerry Z's wheels to Rocket, but we will. Even if we have to find someone to do some welding for us.

I'm thinking we might want to rename the Double Mick "The Rocket Run" since we will have the Rocket with us. Things are looking solid for Dale to be able to join Ed and I. With those two, it will be one of those "doubled-over-laughing-so-hard-I-can't-run-because-I-can't-breathe" runs.

It's a beautiful day. Not too warm, not too sunny, not too windy. Feels like April. I'm running this evening, gotta do some easy miles plus strides. Keep the leg turnover going. I'm tired of being so slow!

Busy day of running and social stuff planned on Easter Sunday. I don't even celebrate Easter! But somehow I'm doing Easter things all day. I did make baba ganoush the other day, which keeps the vampires away. But somehow I got talked into making egg salad for Easter brunch. Egg Salad? What's that? I guess it has eggs in it. Maybe I should make the vegan version and freak everybody out. I know a great vegan egg salad recipe with garbanzo beans and tofu.

Speaking of Easter, I'm down to 6 peeps. Gotta use them wisely. Three more days.





No comments: