Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gone Surfing...

I've been taking a little breather. I haven't had much energy for posting the past week.

I'm running, and tapering, and I've just been through an experience that has sort of knocked me for a loop, a complicated loss involving someone who has touched my life in more ways than I ever comprehended, and grief hits you in strange ways.

Running has been my solace, I feel best when I get out for a gentle run and I'm able to process the feelings and thoughts without having to work at it. They just roll through and over me like big waves at the beach, sort of like I'm surfing through my run, and I try not to sob and run because hyperventilating is not a good thing! I'm trying not to drown in the salt water tears at times. At least there are no sharks or crocodiles.

I am taking good care of myself in all ways and I am also looking forward to some emotional closure after her funeral, which is this Thursday.

I'll be back to my happy place soon. I have so many exciting things to look forward to, my race next weekend in Iowa, and my Double Mick run, and I just got word from Dale that he is on board to crew for Ed and I the whole way! It's going to be a blast! I only have 3 more days of work during this week and then I get 11 days off, which couldn't have come at a more necessary time. I'm looking forward to riding happier waves in the near future.

No comments: