Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WHW: Work Hangover Wednesday

My name is Toast.

Just got back from a gazillion errands and I haven't even gone out to run yet, it's 72 degrees and gorgeous, and I can barely see straight from sleep deprivation. This time change has me all screwed up. I don't even understand why I keep waking up early. Seems like I should be waking up late. But the two days I worked 8 am to 8:30 pm, I woke up at 4 am and 4:45 am. I could not go back to sleep, either. And that really sucks when you have a 12+ hour day of work ahead of you, or two of them, back to back, in which you never get enough sleep between shifts.

So I'm having a bad brain day today. I'll try to get a nap so I can get out for some miles with the girls, then do a decent workout this evening.

Back to the grind this week. Lots of bills to pay, grocery shopping to do, which I've been avoiding, picked up the papers and found out the damage from the tax chick (not as bad as I feared), and so on. Generally not the most exciting stuff. But I figured if I got all the errands out of the way, I can enjoy the rest of my days off this week. The weather is awesome. I plan to get some hills, some faster paced running, and some tire...no long runs this week, but next week I'll start doing some consecutive long days. Today I'll shoot for 10 easy with strides. After a nap.

This morning when I took the girls out to get the newspaper, it was definitely spring. The birds were singing, and there was that feel in the air and that smell. That's the first morning I've been sure of it.

This morning I also went to the nursery to see what kinds of flowers I can plant outside the woman cave, complementary colors like blues and purples to contrast with the orange-ish color of the outside of the cave. It's still early but I got a few perennials and some pansies that I can move in and out until we're in less danger of a hard freeze. I desperately needed some color. I also got some blue flax seeds and some other wildflower seeds to plant nearby. I think some dark blue delphinium would look awesome in front of the cave!

And the next order of business is to work on the Batmobile project, now that Ed is back from Coyote Two Moon. Time to get serious about the Double Mick!

4 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Your photo of the entry to the Woman Cave is pretty enough to paint! I'm ready for colorful flowers, too!

Alene Gone Bad said...

Hi Kathleen! I hope you're feeling better and getting well as fast as you can. Spring is here, even if we still have to weather a few snowstorms in Colorado...

Kathy said...

I spent all day yesterday looking forward to a 90 minute run while my kids biked with me after work. I made it home ... sat down for "just a minute" and the next thing I knew my husband was waking me up 2 hours later. Blast! 5 miles on the treadmill instead ... true, it seems that one can never get enough sleep!
Delphiniums are lovely, good choice.

Alene Gone Bad said...

Thanks Kathy, I don't know what I'd do without naps.

I'll be looking for delphiniums as soon as the spring flowers are available, and I'll finish painting the cave, flower beds out in front will be the finishing touch.