Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Friday, March 30, 2012

Moving Forward

I'm recovering slowly from this GI virus. My gut is making sounds I never knew it was capable of making...

I thought I'd be able to go back to work tomorrow, and was planning to. But after eating some soup late this morning, I changed my plans, because even though it did go in the right direction...I'll spare you the details. I haven't been doing enough speedwork to sprint to the bathroom fast enough if that happened at work. I think it's going to take at least another day.

Plus I still feel lightheaded and my headache hasn't gone away. And I'm getting all kinds of muscle cramps, in my feet, back, ribs, calves...

I hope Dennis doesn't catch this.

But the good news is things are going in the right direction and no more nausea. I'm hoping I can get back to work Sunday.

Last night I missed out on a chance to bid on a stroller/bike trailer combination on e-Bay because I was "occupied" at the time...but today things seemed to take a positive turn on the Batmobile building front.

First, Dennis found this blue baby jogger at work someone was selling for $25! I was looking for something that we could use for parts in case we decide to retrofit the trailer/stroller we really want.

Then I got an e-mail about something from amazon.com and decided to check out their site for the same model of trailer/stroller I have been trying to find. They had a new one for much less than the used ones I was looking at on e-Bay, and less than the used ones I've been seeing around town. Plus with shipping it still came out to be less. So I decided to go for it.

I should have the trailer by late next week. And if we decide we hate it, which I doubt will happen, I can always re-sell it. I think we can use the wheels from the used baby jogger to create a fixed wheel for the front of the trailer instead of the front swivel wheels it comes with.


As soon as it gets here, Ed and I will take it for a test drive. We also got word that our friend Dale is interested in joining us, to crew, so we might have some help in the Black Hills, which would make our run so much easier and more fun. We're not 100% sure Dale can be there the whole time, but it's a possibility at this point. If Dale does the trip with us, it will be the giants and the pygmy amazon. As you can see in the picture, Dale(right) and Ed (left) are both vertically gifted, while I am vertically challenged. (Our friend Nattu in the back of the picture is vertically average.)

So at least in these days of being home sick, I did accomplish something, I've been somewhat productive.

The girls are getting very impatient with me. Mom has not had the energy to go for a walk. I probably did get sick because I was running too much- I was so tired, and didn't get the rest I needed. So I can probably blame myself for this.

I can forgive myself, until I look at these faces...


photo credit: Nathan Nitzky (top photo)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Yikes - feel better!

Alene Gone Bad said...

Thanks, I'm going back to work today, I think it's gone. I hope so. Wouldn't wish that on anybody!