Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Saturday, December 17, 2011

WO-MAN. CAVE.















It's a nice day, sunny and 40s. I was toast after work yesterday. We went out to Tortilla Marissa's for margaritas last night, I could barely keep my eyes open after one, then we went home and got some good sleep.

This morning I ran just short of 10 miles at 8:30 pace. I felt good. Started out with Dennis and Frank at Cathy Fromme Prairie and took the bike path. The boys turned around at the new bridge at Harmony road for their halfway point. In just 2 1/2 miles, with a little digging, I believe Frank now has the bug to do a 100 miler for his four years-off 40th birthday. Kids these days.

I ran home on the Spring Creek Trail. Since then Dennis and I have been working on the woman cave all day, with Iris and Isabelle's supervision. We're putting the laminate floor in. It looks amazing. Next step: trim and baseboards.














Iris was supervising Dennis's lunch, too.

Every woman is going to want her own cave after this. I foresee two possible scenarios: Dennis might be able to retire building woman caves, or go into hiding in an undisclosed location from the horde of angry husbands who will be after him.


4 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Glad to see Iris doing such a great job supervising as well as keeping a watchful eye on the food..... The girls are soooo cute looking in the door!

Alene Gone Bad said...

The girls are very excited about the woman cave, too. It's for all the women in the family. There will be a waterbowl and bed for them. The girls can hang out there with mom, and dad can have the house to himself- a big man cave!

Janie said...

I could use a WOMAN - CAVE! My husband has one, as he needs more time away from people than I do. I just want my space. Is this cave for you or for your dogs? Or both? I got a bit confused. Really nice work, it isn't easy to do all of this shifting around of materials. I love the floor. Who ever ends up with this cave, I tell ya…everyone is gonna want one!

Alene Gone Bad said...

Janie, I hope you can get a woman cave. Every woman needs one. I will share it with the dogs, since they are women, too. I checked out your blog, beautiful photography! Good luck recovering from your bunionectomy. I had one in 1994, my screws are still in, (don't have any loose ones!) and other than doing exercises to relieve occasional stiffness in my toe, my foot works perfectly.