Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Leaping from the edge of my seat


This morning I had had the best start to my day, an e-mail from Badwater to let me know my entry was accepted for this year's race! I've been waiting on the edge of my seat for the past 24 hours to hear.

I was planning to meet the running club group at the trailhead to run Horsetooth at 7:30 am, but I had to let Steph, my crew chief know, so I made a few phone calls to get a hold of her, and then I arrived at the trailhead just as they were all leaving. But that's okay, I needed to warm up first before running up the big hill by the stadium.

I had a great run on the hills this morning. Ran about a minute per mile faster than last week's run on the same course. I've been limiting myself to about 10 miles a day this week. After Florida I'll be able to really start training.

After my run this morning, I stopped by the post office to mail my paperwork and entry fee for Badwater, priority mail. It has to be there by next Friday and there's no mail on Monday because it's a holiday.

I got more great news this past week, I heard from Phil Rosenstein, another running buddy I know from Badwater and Across the Years, he is going to be in Florida next week visiting family, and he offered to come down to the lake and help Bob crew me! So I'll have two awesome crew members! Plus I'll be set in the mashed potato department. Phil is the inspiration for my mashed potato addiction.

I sure hope gators don't like mashed potatoes.

Now I have to pack for Florida and get really organized, because I only have a few more weeks to get all the little details of life cleared out of the way before my life becomes run, sauna, sleep.

No comments: