Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall Colors


















It's October 22 and this fall has been unbelievably mild. This flower bloomed yesterday morning in my wildflower garden in the front yard. Today was the first rainy day we've had and it isn't even cold.

I've been feeling good running. So far this week I've done three runs, of 15, 20, and 30 miles. Yesterday 14 miles of the 20 miler were on the Horsetooth hills, and I was feeling pretty wiped out toward the end, but I bounced back overnight and had an effortless 30 miles in town today.

I have been feeling pretty good in general. The reduced stress as a result of my new job has been a gift. I have been working some extra hours to save money for Badwater, and I've found that I can handle more hours at this job without feeling completely wiped out.

I've been needing afternoon naps but I'm pretty sure this is a result of the increased mileage and my usual need for 8-9 hours of sleep as my baseline. I'm not sure that being one of those people who needs a lot of sleep is necessarily a convenient thing, being an ultrarunner, but I am usually able to get that nap in and it makes all the difference.

I don't have a lot of exciting stuff to report, which might be a good thing. Dennis and The Buffaloes are well. At this point I'm just looking forward to Across the Years and having a great time down there.

No comments: