Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Green Stuff

Theme for St. Patrick's Day.

I have not a drop of Irish blood in me, but I am full of green today, as I have been for the past week. I caught the crud that's been going around.

For the past week, I've been coughing up green junk and blowing my brains out to the point where my nose and upper lip are so excoriated that it will take another week for my skin to heal. I'm a human snot factory.

I wish I could borrow some suction from work and suction myself, because I could probably fill up one of those liter-sized canisters. It would be a lot easier on my face.

The day before my birthday run, I was thinking I had allergies because I was sneezing, with watery eyes, and it happened after I gave Isabelle a hug, then found she was digging in the yard. I didn't feel too bad and did my birthday run, and it continued for a couple of days, until Tuesday, on my birthday, I started to feel really bad. Then I went back to work Wednesday morning, and felt like crap. I suffered through the day, which turned into a 13 hour shift, and then called in sick for the next day.

I made a big pot of tortilla soup, and I went back to work over the weekend, feeling better but I still can't breathe. I'm not sleeping well as a result. This morning Dennis woke up with it. I'll be prepared for him.

So I'm off to the store to get more stuff to make another pot of soup, a few boxes of tissues with lotion in them, some cough drops, and I'll check my supply of Nyquil because last night was the first night I didn't wake up with a coughing fit.

I haven't run a step since the birthday run, but I'll get there. I'm not in a hurry. Taking the dogs for a walk today seems overly ambitious. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: