Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Facebook!!?? OMG!

Like, OMIGOD!

How did I ever do this to myself? I was home, innocently cooking a pot of chicken arugula soup and was thinking about adding matzo balls, my grandmother would have been so proud of me doing that...

While the leeks were sauteeing in the pan, I decided to check email and got yet another Facebook invitation from a friend. I keep hearing about this Facebook thing, and I always resist the latest thing...

I got curious, and decided since I'm home and have no running plans and don't have much energy for anything more than rolling matzo balls and chopping onions, I'll check it out.

Oh sure. Five hours later, I have over a dozen friends including people I haven't seen since high school, I find out you can chat on Facebook too, and there are groups, and ways to comment, e-mail, look at photos, and I realize that this new toy has the potential to widen my butt even further...

I think it's great though. I actually spent nearly an hour chatting with my best friend from high school, we haven't kept in touch very much lately but it was good to catch up.

Forgot one more thing. Interesting fact: I share a birthday with Osama bin Laden. Another reason for me to be on the no fly list. Maybe there's a list for that on Facebook, too.

I REALLY need to get over this cold and get back to running!

2 comments:

JeffO said...

So you're the one I caught my cold from!
LOL just kidding. Coulda bean from anywhere.

Alene Gone Bad said...

Sorry you got the infected, purulent contagious snot rocket disease. Who knows where it came from. I hope it leaves you soon. I'm on day 11. I'm always wary of restaurant wait staff....poor handwashing practices between picking up plates and serving new ones...but who knows. The snot worm crawled up my nose and won't leave!