Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Deliriogenic


I learned a new word on my last day of work this week.

Deliriogenic.

Defintion: Of, relating to, pertaining to, or producing delirium.

I have one last rant in my taper-induced delirium. In addition to tapering for and then running Badwater, I can think of three more things that are deliriogenic:

1. Driving in Fort Collins traffic with the endless road construction that always has to be going on exactly where you need to be driving through at least four times a day...on Timberline between Horsetooth and Harmony- between my house and the sauna, of course!

2. My old running shoes that I wore in the sauna (which I put in the trash today!)

3. Sitting in the sauna with those shirtless, sweaty, hairy characters who always need to start a conversation with you no matter how much you avoid eye contact, when all I want to do is close my eyes and go far away, to Death Valley. The only upside of training for hours in the sauna in the presence of these individuals is that you know they will ALWAYS leave in 10 minutes. UGH!!! Let me sweat in peace!

I have done my last sauna session.

Last minute details are done. I shopped 'til I dropped. I made up a race packet for the crew. I have all the lists compiled and I'm about to pack everything into my car.

Now I need to rest and hydrate until I hit the road tomorrow afternoon.

2 comments:

Jamie Donaldson said...

Can you believe it is almost here??? I am so excited! Have a great trip and I look forward to seeing you in the desert! It has been fun reading about your journey! I wish the best to you and your crew.

Anonymous said...

Its a dry heat, right? Hope you have a great run.