Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

More heat...


Tried taping my feet today using the Kinesio tape that I ordered last week, I used it on the ball of my foot where I get friction spots. Then I taped my heels with brown foam tape, this time using tincture of benzoin to make it stick. I did 25 miles at Horsetooth and went easy. It was a warm day and I took advantage of the sun to get some sun exposure, which I'll need to avoid burning when I get to Death Valley.

After the run before I went to the sauna, I pulled off my shoes and socks and the Kinesio tape stuck well, it did peel off a little around the edges but I think that's because I didn't give it time to completely adhere. I taped my feet about 1/2 hour before going out this morning. The foam tape was worthless, even with the tincture of Benzoin it peeled off and was wet, sticking to my ankles. Miraculously I didn't get any blisters.

This weekend I'll have to try the Kinesio tape on my heels. The only problem is how to deal with the need for extra padding on my heels. Maybe I can figure out something with my orthotics.

Realized while I was out there that I only have a few long training runs left before the race. I'll miss my long days out there looking at the scenery and listening to music. Today I was listening to David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars. Don't forget the spiders. I bet that could give me some good hallucinations after a day and a half of running in the heat!

Did another sauna session after my run. Tomorrow, back to work...

No comments: